Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 2

Fartlek 3.5 Miles.


I trained in my Nike shoes today. I took the advice of the sales guy and am training in both the Vibrams and regular running shoes. I do prefer Asics to any other shoe, as they feel like I'm running on clouds, but I bought these Nike shoes to try out the Nike+ training band. I like it a lot because I know how far I've gone, how long I've been running, what my pace is (doesn't matter to me yet) and it will track all that info on the website.


I live in the suburbs in the middle of lots of hills and trails.  Most of my jog/walking today was on sidewalks while dodging the ice patches along the way.



Well, I attempted to do some fartlek training. It is Swedish for "speed play" or something of that sort. I would walk, then jog to a street lamp ahead of me, then walk and then spot a stop sign ahead, run, etc. I got lost in my neighborhoods, but overall, it was refreshing in the icy cold morning!  I'm glad my hubby let me borrow his beanie otherwise I get intense earaches running in chilly temps. :)



I am going to do something VERY scary. But to keep me accountable, I am going to post my... dun dun dun! WEIGHT. Scary for me, maybe for you, and hopefully as I see progress, it will inspire me to just keep going


I have a scale that measures weight, % of fat, % of water, and % of muscle.  I will measure every Tuesday morning right when I wake up.  Hopefully this will keep the results consistent.


First weigh-in - 11.01.11:
139.4lbs (yikes!) / 38.7% fat / 45.3% water / 37% muscle

No comments:

Post a Comment