Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Playing Catch-Up!

So I have a pre-train schedule. Which I have NOT been following! But the most important thing is that I've been running regularly 4-5 days a week for the past 2 weeks! I'm so proud of myself. This is the most moving and shaking I've done in years. :)  It makes it easy too because I'm not punishing myself for not going long enough, 20-30 minutes a day is so easy - it seems so short! :) No need for 2 hour jog/hikes where I feel like I'm going to pass out and need a whole week to recover from the paaaaaiiiinnnn.


This morning Jampo and I actually got up and went outside!  It was a nice not-too-chilly misty morning.  I bundled up with my layers and a headband for my ears.  There are LOTS of ladies walking their doggies in the morning here.  Good thing that I had a backpack on my pup, otherwise our walk would have had many more distractions. He knows that when the backpack goes on, it's business time!

Today is supposed to be an "off" day, but I was making up for not running this weekend. I went hill-jogging/quick walking around my neighborhood in my Nike Pegasus+. I actually can't help but to run on hills here. I don't think there is an even-leveled block in the whole neighborhood!  The Nikes are definitely more stable, but they by far are not the MOST comfortable shoe I've ever worn.  The most comfortable shoe would be Asics Kayanos. They feel like I'm running on clouds. But I kind of like the feeling of my feet working. I don't know if that makes sense or is good/bad.. but unless I start hurting again, I think the Nikes will be fine! I initially purchased them for the Nike+ insert in the shoe, but now that I know the little removable shoe pouch works fine, I'm going to go into a running store for my next pair of shoes.

The lack of Saturday run was forgivable (I tell myself) due to the sweat-inducing Women's Self-Defense course I had at my house!  My generous friend Jee from House of Black Dragon Society came over with some of his apprentices and taught some good friends how to protect yourself against creeps. Creepy creepers with knives, guns, etc.  I hope I remember it all, as going on jogs at all times of day/night or even going to the gym can be (to say the least) a very interesting experience!

Overall a quiet, but good weekend.  Got to get to sleep so I can wake up early tomorrow for another quick jog around the neighborhood!

Or maybe another jaunt on the treadmill!

No comments:

Post a Comment